Exciting times for Poole Week in 2019
by David Harding 7 Apr 16:08 BST 18-23 August 2019
Poole Week, one of the country’s most popular weeks of racing for dinghies and small keelboats, looks set to be bigger and better than ever in 2019.
Known for friendly yet competitive racing as well as great social events, Poole Week offers:
- Afternoon racing in Poole Harbour around a wide range of courses set against the the backdrop of Brownsea Island, Sandbanks and the Purbecks
- Class starts for Lasers and Laser Radials, RS200s, Merlin Rockets, Dart 18s, Wayfarers, Flying Fifteens, XODs, Dolphins and Cornish Shrimpers
- Additional class starts for any class with 12 or more entries (Fireballs and OKs are looking promising this year), plus separate results and prizes for any class of six or more
- Fast and slow handicap fleets too
- The legendary daily prize-givings and draw for a Zhik goody bag
- A free daily drink for full entrants and a free supper on the opening night
- Subsidised beer from Hall and Woodhouse throughout the week
- New for 2019: top coaches in the dinghy park and on the water, offering observations, hints and tips for sailors of all levels
Sponsored by Bournemouth Digital, Poole Week takes place in the heart of one of the south coast’s leading resorts where there’s lots to do for non-sailing friends and family members.
If you haven’t yet experienced the magic of Poole Week or seen Parkstone Yacht Club’s stunning new clubhouse, now’s the ideal time to make your plans and take advantage of the early-entry discount before 13th May.
Accommodation is being offered this year by some club members a short stroll from the dinghy park. Plenty of other accommodation is also available locally.
For more information and entry details visit www.pooleweek.org